- free video course: https://www.switchtosketchapp.com/
Hotkeys and Tips
CMD+1: for artboard overview
CMD+2: zoom to selected artboard
Move/Sizing/Gap (when object selected):
SHIFT+ARROWto move 10px
CMD+ARROWto adjust size.
SHIFT+CMD+ARROWto adjust in 10px step.
ALT/OPTIONkey to show distance to others. If mouse over another object you can see the gap to that mouse over object.
R: create rectangle. Use rectangle for
S: create a slice. Click on the object to create an exact slice.
CMD+G: create group
- `CMD+select*: click through a group to select an object.
- You can use math
10+2in the inspector for width, heigth, etc
CTRL+C: pick color
- Copy style:
How to create your own hotkey in Sketch?
- Go to "keyboard" in system preference
- Choose "App Shortcuts" in sidebar
- Click "+"
- Select Sketch in "application"
Type the exact text as appeared in Sketch in "menu title"
- Don't forget root menu
- Use "->"
- Don't use any space
For example, I create a hotkey
^i (Ctrl+i) for inserting images, and here is the "menu title":
Credits to this post Shortcuts, Hotkeys, and Gestures: 5 Ways to Become a Design Ferrari in Sketch.
- Use union/substract to create shape.
- You can use shape to mask images
- You can fill with image
- Enter edit mode: hit
- Create symbol from a layout
- Replace with symbol: You can right click a layout to choose replace with symbol.
- Override symbol: on the inspect pane
- create style guide and automatically update your project if you update one in the style guide